Imagine this scenario: You need to plug in your phone charger, and you walk from wall-receptacle to wall-receptacle, unable to find a spot that is open. This is the frustrating reality for many homeowners that live in older buildings. In the past, there wasn’t as great a need for power as there is today. So if you have that issue, you probably have been using power strips as a fix. While this is very convenient, you should make sure that you are using them safely, since there is a possibility to overload them and create a fire hazard.

If you look at the information listed on your power strip, you should find a rating that tells you how many watts it is built for. It could be easy to overload it if you were to connect a large appliance to the power strip. The same is the case if you were to daisy-chain several power strips, connecting a lot more devices to it than it was made for.

While power strips are very useful, some care needs to be exercised to keep yourself and your family safe.

error: Content is protected !!

What Every Homebuyer in Hawaii Should Know

Before you buy a home here on the Big Island, be sure to read this important information.

Every homebuyer in Hawaii should read this information, because it could mean the difference between the home of your dreams - or a nightmare. 

Simply enter your email below and receive your free copy.

You have Successfully Subscribed!